As we all move to compressor fridges and to decent leisure batteries, the old power management and control systems traditionally used in campervans are becoming more and more outdated - not least in terms of appearance.
At Kiravans we have been working with one of the Italian electrical manufacturers in the motorhome industry to bring a new, modern, clean and tidy system to the UK market. You get a small clean looking control panel with digital display - this includes a battery volt meter, split charge relay and a series of touch-control switches.
Notes on fitting:
The fuse board has recently been updated from a NE185 to an NE355. The board is essentially the same connection wise but the NE355 has 2 extra connections (J14 and J15) which when bridged together bypass the on-board split charge relay and allow the system to be used in any van, including vans with Stop/Start functionality (smart alternators). This is detailed in the fuse board user manual that is included in each kit.
If the system is used in a van with Stop/Start and the connection is bridged to bypass the split charge relay, then a DC/DC charging unit needs to be installed to charge the leisure battery while driving.
- Two lighting circuits (eg. one for each side of the van, or high &low level lighting)
- A kitchen circuit (cooker ignition, pump)
- An Aux circuit (eg 12v USB plugs)
- Battery meter is two touch - once for leisure battery, again for car battery
- Connected to the central fuse box by a single data cable. The fuse box can be fitted under your driver seat / on the back panel of the driver seat base or indeed on your furniture.
- The box is only 50mm deep at the rear
- Fuse box is all set up with spade connectors at the back for your various circuits, inputs & battery connections. Each is labelled and a fuse is provided
- A wiring diagram is included and we have written a 'plain-English' guide which you can download below.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.