The Kiravans Red Bed is a quick and simple solution for one child to sleep comfortably across the front seats in your campervan. It is suitable for children up to about 7 years old (length is 4ft 8in long).
The Red Bed is designed for the VW T5 & T6 and is designed to be used with a double passengers seat. It will work with the seat both facing forwards and rotated to face the rear (rotated to the rear is best).
A removable cover allows you to wash (at a cool temperature) and the bed is also manufactured from waterproofed nylon for easy cleaning. When not in use the Red Bed will fold up neatly into its own bag that you can store behind the driver seat, or wherever suits you best. So it will protect the bed from dinner and juice spills whilst keeping your van nice and tidy!
Extensive testing on our own kids suggests its a great bit of kit and the preferred choice of the little ones!
The thickness of the foam is obviously a compromise between stow-ability and comfort, we think it is about right but your children will still be aware of the hump on the side of the driver's seat base cushion, (ours don't seem to mind it though).
Only suitable for use with a double passengers seat in a VW T5/T6 van.
- Removable cover (washable at a cool temperature)
- Foam mattress insert (142cm Length x 41cm Width x 32mm Thickness)
- Straps & hooks to hold up the 'lee cloths' (the fabric sides that stop your kids from falling on the floor)
- Hooks attach to door plastic trim (where the seatbelts go down a slot) and to the corner of the sun visor arms
- Colour: red only, because our kids thought it was the coolest colour
1. Rotate your seats (Either just the double or both double & driver).
2. Adjust the height of your driver's seat to bring it as close as possible to the height of the passenger seat.
3. Give the seats a bit of a jiggle if they're not both facing the same way... so that you get the widest possible bed in the middle and the least gap between the seats (you'll see what we mean when you do it!).
4. Lay out the Red Bed with elasticated hooks attaching to the top of the seatbelt tunnel in your door pillar trim.
5. Hook the longer straps to the outside corners of your sun visor fixings.
6. Add a pillow, sleeping bag and nipper!