The Kiravans Railsail Campervan Awning is a sail-cloth type rain and sun shade manufactured in heavy-duty waterproof fabric to attach to the side of your van.
Our Railsail Awnings have an 8mm kador bead sewn into the material. All you need is a Reimo MultiRail fitted to the side of your van. The Kiravans Railsail Awning can then slide in and attach nice and tight to your van. Other than that it just needs poles, guylines and pegs to keep it up!
The Kiravans Railsail also comes in a Kiravans canvas storage bag. Check out the video to see some of the different styles of awning you can create, (just ignore the last minute of the video which shows another idea we were playing with at the time!)
Please note: while the sail-cloth itself is waterproof, the seam itself is not completely watertight. So please be aware that if you're using the awning for rain cover, you may experience some dribbles around this area. Therefore it's always a good idea not to position your chairs directly under the seam! :)
- Multi-pointed abstract shape: no square corners
- Flexibility built in: so you can put it up in a range of different shapes
- Waterproof fabric: note that whilst the fabric itself is waterproof, the seams are not watertight
- Lightweight: made from lightweight waterproof nylon
- Fast to put up: with 1, 2 or 3 poles depending on the shape you want to achieve
- Can be used with no poles: If you just want a rain cover over your sliding door to give a bit of an extra dry area on a rainy day
- Double stitched: with reinforced corners & plastic stitched in eyelets for durability
- Extends outside the front passenger door: so you can open the door when the awning is up
- Perfect length for a Short wheel base T5: but will fit anything really with a rail of about 2.6m
- 2 x fabric tabs at the rail ends: in case you ever want to use it free standing without a rail
- Extra eyelets on each side: For attaching guylines to create rain channels & avoid the dreaded awning-roof-pond (did we mention this was designed in Yorkshire in winter?!)
- Free Kiravans canvas storage bag: So no need to spend time rolling it back up tightly
- Kador strip side: 265cm.
- Colour: very dark grey, almost black as shown in these pictures
- Approx weight / measurements when packaged: 70 x 15 x 15 cm / 3kg