Manufactured in the UK, this swivel plate is rock solid, doesn't rattle and meets all the current EC safety Directives on safety. It includes a replacement seat base with integrated safe (two keys included) and is manufactured lower than the original VW base so your seat ends up at the height VW originally intended.
When fitting, the swivel will need to be 'spun' before attaching the seat. So the safe faces rearwards, but the release-handle needs to be spun around so it is under the front of your seat. These swivels are shipped with the handle facing backwards just because it makes for a smaller cardboard carton!
These swivel bases are only designed to fit the passenger side single seat in a right hand drive VW T5 / T6 and the swivel and safe are not separable.
- Attach your original seat & sliders to the top of this swivel system & fit to the van using the original VW bolts
- Locks in place facing forward for driving
- Swivel is centrally located in the seat
- High quality powder coating
- Integrated nylon sandwich layer to make for smooth movement
- Makes use of the original VW mounting bolts and is drilled to fit original VW seats without any modifications
- Will work fine with heated seats as the cable can go through the centre hole
- Meets all current EC safety Directives on safety
- Compatible with the VW Caravelle
- Internal storage size: 36cm x 47cm (47cm at the top of the safe, slanting down to 40cm towards the bottom).
- Safe opening hole dimensions: 29cm x 10cm
- Height: 200mm at the rear
- Kits do not include bolts as you can use the existing bolts from your seat*
- Kits do not include any cable clips for tidying away existing wires under seat
*If you do not have the original seat bolts, you will need:
- 4 x M8 x 20 Bolts
- 4 x M8 Nyloc Nuts
- 4 x Flat Washers