Vivaro / Trafic Double Seat swivel (UK Right-hand drive)
(For 2nd Generation model 2001-2014)
Our latest design of double seat swivel for the Renault Trafic, Vauxhall Vivaro and Nissan Primastar. Designed for second generation models 2001-2014, the swivel allows you to transform the living space in your van without losing all the benefits of the bench seat in the front.
Like all our double seat swivels, this is designed, tested and manufactured right here in the UK. The construction principles are the same as those for the T4 and T5 swivels - laser cut 4mm powder coated steel, 'easy glide' high-density sandwich layer and specially engineered locking screws for safety and no rattles!
Fitting is even easier than the T5 model and only takes about 30 minutes. As these vehicles come with a seat-belt pretensioner system you do need to unplug one connection under the seat before turning (it only takes a few seconds). This needs to be plugged back in before driving off but your dashboard warning light will remind you if you forget. This product is also compatible with new models.
The Kiravans double seat swivel for Vivaro & Trafic vans has passed seat belt anchorage safety tests conducted by STATUS (The Specialist Testing Facility at Manchester Met Uni) using a pull test on a specialist test rig to EC Directive 76/115/EEC as amended by 2005/41/EEC. You can print off a copy of the test certificate on this current page under 'downloads'. It has not yet been tested in vehicle or approved by TUV. We do intend to submit the swivel for these additional tests but at this stage do not have any concrete timescales.
- Disconnect the wiring to the seat belt tensioners by unplugging the connector below the seat (Remember to slide out the yellow latch on the connector!).
- Free the incoming wires where they are attached to the seat frame.
- Undo the four large-headed screws securing the seat assembly to the floor of the van. Do not worry about the fifth screw, which is inaccessible - the seat will slide away from it when the other screws are removed.
- Pull the seat towards the front door opening to free it from the last screw and then lift it into the rear of the van (No need to disconnect the seat belt).
- Now unscrew the last large-headed seat mounting screw from the floor of the van. Note that it is different from the other four. Keep all five screws for reuse in step 8.
- The swivel will partially cover your battery compartment lid so it might be worth loosening the back two bolts for the cover plate, that way you could still get to the front two and remove it if you ever need access and don't want to have to remove the seat!
- Prepare the van floor mountings to take the swivel assembly as follows;
- Remove components B, C and D from the right back screw position.
- Take component E from the centre back screw position and put it in the right back position.
- Put components B, C and D in the centre back position but first cut the projection off component B so that it just becomes a large flat washer.
(This change-around of components is to allow the ‘stepped’ screw A to be reused for securing the right back corner of the swivel assembly).
- Put the swivel assembly in the van with the stiffened flanges to the back and the safety label to the front. Ensure that the seat belt tensioner wiring comes out under the left side.
- Secure it in place using the original five large-headed screws from step 5. Remember to put the ‘odd’ one at the right back corner and make sure that the components underneath the swivel are aligned so that the screw goes right down into place. Unlock and rotate the top plate as necessary to gain access to the screw holes.
- Check that the top plate can rotate freely.
- Re-secure the top plate with the Safety Information label to the front and the reinforced flange to the back.
- Remove the nuts and washers from the seat mounting screws on the top plate and carefully lift the seat into position. Taking care not to damage the knobs in the process.
- Secure the seat in place with the nuts and washers provided.
- Reconnect the wiring to the seat belt tensioners.
Height Increase of your front seat with swivel fitted: 35mm
Rotating the Seat to Face the Rear
- Unplug the seat belt tensioner wiring below the seat and make sure that the wires will stay clear of the mechanism when the seat is rotated.
- Unscrew the four locking screws and secure them in the raised position (By pulling up and twisting as if removing a light bulb).
- Position yourself behind the seat and grasp it at each side, at or below cushion level.
- Push it forward and to the left as far as it will go.
- Rotate it clockwise until it is facing the rear (Note: The seat belt will extend automatically and position itself behind the seat).
- Adjust its position and secure it with the two locking screws at the front of the seat. (It is not necessary to use the two screws behind the seat when it is in this position)
Rotating the Seat to Face the Front
- Repeat the above but rotate the seat in the anti-clockwise direction.
- Secure the seat with all four locking screws (Remember to engage all of them before tightening them up).
- Reconnect the wiring to the seat belt tensioners.
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
Kiravans Vivaro / Trafic Double Seat swivel 2001 - 2014 (UK Right hand drive model)
|Safety Standard: STATUS bench-tested to EC Reg number 12341234|
|Kit Includes: Fixings, Installation guide with photos|
|Compatible With: Vivaro / Trafic (right hand drive only), Vivaro / Trafic (To 2013)|
|Shipping Note: No|