This bundle includes:
- Kiravans T5/T6 Double Passenger Seat Swivel (Right Hand Drive)
- Solid Floor Base & Carpet (for inside the double seat box)
- RIB T5/T6 Single Driver Seat Swivel (Right Hand Drive)
Kiravans Double Passenger Seat Swivel VW T5/T6
One of our finest products! It gives us a warm glow hearing all your stories about how the Kiravans T5 / T6 Double Swivel transforms the living space in your van without losing all the benefits of the bench seat up front.
The swivel mechanism is very different to normal single swivels. It uses a cunning slide and swivel approach so you will need to open the side door to allow the full range of movement. The seat is held securely in position while driving by 4 x specially engineered locking bolts.
The product is fully tested and we decided to protect the design (UK & EU Registered Design No. 002115790-0001) and only sell through our own website to ensure safety and quality standards are maintained.
Our double seat swivel has passed all the requirements of TUV Deutschland. This involved 'in-vehicle' pull testing and a SLED test over the water in Germany. The TUV certificate can be downloaded below. In the UK it has passed seat belt anchorage safety tests conducted by STATUS (The Specialist Testing Facility at Manchester Met Uni) using a pull test on a specialist test rig to EC Directive 76/115/EEC as amended by 2005/41/EEC. We are also an ISO 9001 approved company which ensures that these swivels are manufactured in a similarly approved facility.
Features & Specification
- Full TUV Safety Approval
- Self-levelling design to counteract sloping cab floor, making rotated seat actually comfortable to sit on!
- High density, low friction 'glide layer' for ease of rotation
- External locking screws with optional solid floor plate & carpet so you can keep all that useful under-seat storage
- Rear floor height: clearance for floors up to 20mm thick
- Height increase of front seat: 47mm
- Total weight: 21Kg
- All nuts and bolts supplied
- All T5 / T6 vans including the new 'facelift' models
- Designed for original seats
- Compatible with the RIB single central driver's seat swivel
- Not compatible with heated passenger seats or built-in passenger airbags (due to cable connections)
Solid Base Plate Floor & Carpet - for Inside the T5/T6 Double Seat Box
When you fit your double seat swivel (in a T5/T6) you'll note that the swivelling mechanism is visible inside your seat base, with a nut sticking up and a couple of places that small things could get trapped. This product is simply a thin sheet of galvanised steel cut to fit on top of the swivel and a perfectly cut piece of black carpet to go on top of the steel.
How to fit:
- Simply install the double swivel as normal
- Place the tin sheet on top, then finally fix the seat on top and bolt it down
- (The tin sheet will now be sandwiched between the seat and swivel system
- Finally, pop the carpet into the seat base...
- Hey presto, no gaps, nowhere for things to get trapped, and (thanks to the carpet liner) fewer rattles in your van.
RIB Single Driver (Central) Seat Swivel
Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for campervans gets lots of praise on the various forums. In our own experience, we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything. T5 only - If you have a plastic handbrake cover then you may have to remove it and replace with our fabric slip-on cover.
Notes on fitting:
Please note on some vans it appears that the plastic handbrake covering rubs on the swivel and may need to be removed.
Features & Specification
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is centrally located in the base
- European TUV safety approval
- Seat height increase: Approx 43mm
- Compatible with the VW T5 / T6 & Caravelle
- Compatible with the Kiravans T5/T6 Double Swivel, airbags & heated seats (wires can pass through the centre)
Kiravans Double Swivel Resources
You can return any purchase, for any reason, up to 90 days after purchase, for an exchange or full refund.
Our 'No Quibble' Promise: Kiravans provide a comprehensive Returns Policy. We don't believe anyone else in our industry comes close to offering the same promise. Would you believe we dont even have a 400 word returns policy? It's just 2 words; No Quibbles. Thats it. We treat our customers with respect and we hope that you trust us in return.
Fantastic Customer Service: It's in Kiravans DNA. As a bunch of enthusiastic, professional Yorkshire people (and 1 Scotsman living in Munich!), our customer service team have a straight forward approach to problem solving. If you have a question or need advice, we're here to help. Just give us a call on 0113 804 2125 or use the live chat button. If we know the answer we'll tell you, if not we'll find out out for you.
We've been specialist suppliers of campervan kit for 15 years now: We know what we're doing. We're not a campervan converter selling a few extra items on the side. Nor are we a big e-commerce company shifting van kit alongside toasters & fidget spinners. We know how to get your items packaged, shipped and delivered to you safely, securely, reliably and fast.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.