The Kiravans Rail Sail is a sail-cloth type rain and sun shade manufactured in heavy duty waterproof fabric to attach to the side of your van. Also comes in a Kiravans canvas storage bag. Check out the video to see some of the different styles of awning you can create. (just ignore the last minute of the video which shows another idea we were playing with at the time!)
- Requires a multirail or other kador-band-fixing tube (6mm dia) on the side of your van so that our rail-sail kador bead can slide in and attach nice and tight to your van.
- Other than that it just needs poles, guylines and pegs to keep it up.
- Multi-pointed abstract shape: no square corners
- Flexibility built in: so you can put it up in a range of different shapes
- Waterproof fabric: note that whilst the fabric itself is waterproof, the seams are not watertight
- Lightweight: made from lightweight waterproof nylon
- Fast to put up: with 1, 2 or 3 poles depending on the shape you want to achieve
- Can be used with no poles: If you just want a rain cover over your sliding door to give a bit of an extra dry area on a rainy day
- Double stitched: with reinforced corners & plastic stitched in eyelets for durability
- Extends outside the front passenger door: so you can open the door when the awning is up
- Perfect length for a Short wheel base T5: but will fit anything really with a rail of about 2.6m
- 2 x fabric tabs at the rail ends: in case you ever want to use it free standing without a rail
- Extra eyelets on each side: For attaching guylines to create rain channels & avoid the dreaded awning-roof-pond (did we mention this was designed in Yorkshire in winter?!)
- Free Kiravans canvas storage bag: So no need to spend time rolling it back up tightly
- Colour: very dark grey, almost black as shown in these pictures
- Kador strip side: 265cm.
- Approx weight / measurements when packaged: 70 x 15 x 15 cm / 3kg
- 1-3 adjustable poles (About 7-foot high plus or minus a bit)
- 3-5 guy lines, each of 4 or 5 metres length.