VW T5 / T6 Driver seat swivel (RIB) - Left Hand Drive - Offset
The offset feature of this particular swivel means that the pivot point is offset from the centre by a few centimetres towards the handbrake side of their seat. This means that the seat finishes up facing backwards a bit further from the door. The main advantage is that seats with armrests will spin around more easily. See our short video to the right of the page where we illustrate how this works.
Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for VW T5 campervans gets lots of praise in the various forums. In our own experience we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
These swivel plates only fit VW T5 / T6 vans with single front seats. If you have a double seat swivel on the passenger side you are better off with the non-offset version or there won't be enough room for both seats to face backwards. For other FAQ's about offset swivels see related articles info on the right of this page.
- Kits include swivel plate and bolts to fit standard VW seat boxes
- Driver swivels also include raising shims to enable handbrake clearance
- European TUV safety approval
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- The swivel plate mounts between your original seat base and the original seat slider rails
- Seat height increases: 43mm
- Swivel is located offset from the centre so that seats with armrests can rotate a bit easier
How to use: To rotate driver's seat the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Then re-engage handbrake once the seat is facing the rear. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment (that is most of them) you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
Note: On some vans it appears that the plastic handbrake covering rubs on the swivel & may need to be removed.
- Swivels include fitting instructions, for additional info see here: Fitting instructions - single swivels
- For common questions such as fitting a leisure a battery under your seat please see here : Common questions