LEAD TIME UPDATE AT RIB: Lead times for made to order seats are now around 10-12 weeks. Please note the RIB factory closes during the month of August, so if you're ordering over this time, there will be an extra 4 weeks delay.
Vinyl leatherette RIB seats are available in a range of sizes from a range of 30 different high quality automotive grade leatherettes. Beds faces are covered in a man made suede effect fabric for durability and comfort.
We will confirm your seats delivery schedule within 5 days of receiving your order.
1) Select the width of RIB seat that you require
|Seat widths available||Seating positions||Common use|
|112cm||2||Most common 3/4 width seat in T5/T6 campervans|
|129cm||3||3 seater with narrow side unit in a T5/T6|
|150cm||3||Full width in a T5 panel van conversion|
2) Add a slider mechanisms if required (Additional cost)
This is our default options and the most commonly selected option. A fixed postion seat and bed allows for permanent storage to be built in underneath and behind the seat. It allows convertors to design cupboard access and storage without having to account for variable seating positions.
The slider mechanism works much like your front seats. If you reach each beneath your knees you'll find a lever, when released this allows the seat to slide forward up to 20cm (the base frame does not move, just the cushion parts). There are three main reasons why this might be suitable for your campervan project:
a) to slide the RIB seat forward when driving
b) to bring the front and RIB seats closer together when sitting around the dinner table
c) to position the RIB seat 20cm further back in the van during day time to give greater floor space in the middle of the van, but then slide it forward 20cm at night time to make up the flat bed. (see the photos above for examples of this layout)
d) if you are using the rotated cab seats to form part of your bed then the sliders allow much more flexibility in the positioning of your RIB seats.
3) Add ISOFIX fittings if required
4) Configure upholstery your way
We have divided the RIB seats into 3 areas so that you can easily design the appearance of your own seat:
Main seat body
- This will be covered in an Automotive grade textured leatherette, simply select the colour you want from the drop down list. We have included a colour chart in the photographs at the top of this page.
- The 'main seat body' includes the Headrests, side panels of the two seating cushions, large facing panels of the two seating cushions
Seat Insert panels
- Again simply select the colour you want from the drop down list.
- The insert panels will include the stitch pattern shown in the photos, the panels are the ones that you actually sit on while driving.
- We cover the bed in a different fabric as leatherette is not particularly comfy to sleep on. The Enduro fabric we offer is a man-made upholstery fabric with a very realistic suede effect. It offers the advantage of breathability, along with hard wearing properties. It is available in a range of colours that complement our leatherette vinyls.
- The 'bed' includes the reverse faces of the two seating cushions & the whole of the 3rd rear cushion (the parcel shelf). For clarification please check our photos. The colours available are shown in one of the photographs above. We have also included a chart showing which enduro colour goes best with which leather colour
About our RIB campervan seats in Leatherette trim
All seats include the following features:
- Integrated headrests
- 65 cm rear cushion (to make a 6 foot bed)
- Corner cut out on rear cushion to go around the rear door pillar
- 33 cm height clearance, to fit over the top of a T5/T6 wheel arch
- 16cm left leg inset, to fit around the wheel arch
Find out more about Kiravans RIB campervan seats
We have years of experience sourcing, installing and supplying RIB campervan seats to the public and campervan conversion trade, indeed Kiravans is the largest distributor of RIB seats in the UK. Lead time on production of RIB seats is around 6 weeks plus a week or two to transport the seats over to our Yorkshire warehouse.
If you are in a hurry we also have some seats in stock and others in production, for delivery within 4 weeks.
Delivery of RIB campervans seats is free of charge within mainland UK.
We have compiled a list of customer most common questions about rock and roll beds, as well as a simple RIB seat installation guide, and a clear Safety Information Sheet. There are links to these pdf documents on the side of this page.
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
Made to order RIB seats are made to your own specification so it is important that you check it carefully.
Changed your mind?
Under the terms of the Distance Selling Regulations you have 14 days to cancel or change your order. After that time however you are committed to complete the purchase.
Want to cancel the order?
Up to the 14 day limit that is no problem, but we are not able to accept order cancellations after the 14 day limit.
When do you pay?
Payment is taken from your card when you place the order online. We do not accept orders with deposit payment only.
Changes to seat specification?
We can not accept any changes after the 14 day limit. Any changes may affect the price of the seat, in which case we will cancel your original order and re-invoice you for the updated design. This is simply to keep the paper trail tidy!
Disputes about specification?
Occasionally disputes may arise about the colour of fabrics or other specifications. You must notify us of any disputes within 48 hours of receiving the seat. We only take orders online so that a paper trail exists of specifications ordered by you - for your protection and ours. If we have made a mistake we will sort it at our expense.
We will advise you of scheduled delivery dates based on the information we receive from the manufacturer however much of the process is out of our control so we can not be responsible for any delays. We do work hard to meet our scheduled dates and will keep you up to date with any changes as we are made aware of them. Sorry but we can not guarantee dates.
As with all purchases on our site - we want you to be happy with what you have bought. We will therefore sort out any problems caused by us or the manufacturer within 12 months of delivery. Anything beyond that date we will always try to resolve for you to your satisfaction but there may be a small cost involved. Any damage caused by you through wear and tear, or miss-use, we will also work to resolve quickly but again there may be a cost involved.
Vinyl Leatherette RIB seat (made to order) **10-12 weeks**
Bed length = 186cm
|Seat width: Select your preferred width|
|Trim colour: A range of different Vinyl Leatherettes available|
|Seatbelts: 2 or 3 included depending on size.|
|Rear cushion length: 65cm (makes 6ft bed)|
|Headrests: Integrated into backrest & height adjustable|
|Rear cushion cut out: Yes - to accommodate the rear left door pillar|
|Frame height: 33cm clearance to suit VW T5 with 12mm ply floor|
|Leg inset: Left leg inset by 16cm to clear wheel-arch(also inset on right by 16cm on 150cm seats)|
|Fitting Kit: Not included - Certified RIB seat installation system available to buy|
|Sliding frame: Available on made to order seats|
|ISOFIX: Available on made to order seats|