Swing out table leg - Wall mounted
Sitting comfortably in your passenger seat facing backwards ? Now where to put that bowl of crisps . . . ?
What you really need is a table attached to the bottom of the passengers door pillar, one that you can swing out to use as a side table, or rotate round in front of you to eat on. Here's what you need:
- 1 x curved table leg - that you can cut down to the height that's just perfect for you
- 1 x foot plate - to attach to the floor of your van down at the base of the door column
- 1 x wall clamp - so the leg stays upright and can rotate
- 1 x table bracket - screws to underside of table.
What's not included:
- Any fixings: screws, or rivets to attach your table and the parts to your van
- The table top (available separately)
Note: We know this fits well in the VW T5 but have not tried it in any other vans. The key points to bear in mind are that you need 2 secure fixing points on the door pillar behind the passenger seat. One for the floor bracket and the other about 20 - 25cm above it for the stabilizing collar.
Fixings: The fixings you choose to use will depend on where you position your brackets. The foot plate can generally be screwed into the plastic step/wooden floor with standard wood screws.The wall clamp can be riveted to the van's metal 'B' post or a wooden wall panel if locating elsewhere.