Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for campervans gets lots of praise on the various forums. In our own experience, we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
The offset feature of this particular swivel means that the pivot point is offset from the centre by a few centimetres towards the handbrake side of their seat. This means that the seat finishes up facing backwards a bit further from the door. The main advantage is that seats with armrests will spin around more easily. If you have a double seat swivel on the passenger side you should choose the non-offset version, otherwise, there won't be enough room for both seats to swivel backwards.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
Notes on fitting:
Please note on some vans it appears that the plastic handbrake covering rubs on the swivel and may need to be removed.
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is located offset from the centre so seats with armrests spin better
- European TUV safety approval
- Compatible with X83 Vauxhall Vivaro / Renault Trafic / Nissan Primastar (2001-2014)
- Compatible with heated seats and airbags (wires can pass through the centre)
- Not compatible with double swivels(please choose non-offset)
- Seat height increase: Approx 43mm
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
- Swivel plate
- Bolts to fit standard seat boxes
RIB Single Swivel Resources
Installation documentation, videos & FAQ's:
No Quibble Returns
We have a straight forward approach to handling customer returns. We really don't ever quibble. So if you have a problem, any problem, we will sort it.
Need help? The quickest way to get in touch with us is through Live Chat. You can also email us at email@example.com, or call us on 0113 804 2125 (08:30 to 17:00).
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.