Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for campervans gets lots of praise on the various forums. In our own experience, we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
The offset feature of this particular swivel means that the pivot point is offset from the centre by a few centimetres towards the handbrake side of their seat. This means that the seat finishes up facing backwards a bit further from the door. The main advantage is that seats with armrests will spin around more easily. If you have a double seat swivel on the passenger side you should choose the non-offset version, otherwise, there won't be enough room for both seats to swivel backwards.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything.
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is located offset from the centre
- European TUV safety approval
- Compatible with the VW T5 / T6 & Caravelle
- Compatible with heated seats & airbags (wires can pass through the centre)
- Seat height increase: Approx 23mm
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
- Swivel plate
- Bolts to fit standard seat boxes
- Raising shims not included: These passenger swivels are not supplied with raising shims. Drivers swivels for this van model do incorporate raising shims in order to lift the seat high enough to rotate over the handbrake, but this is unnecessary on the passenger's side. However, we do stock these as an add on item so if you intend to fit a leisure battery under the passenger seat you may find that a set of raising shims will allow you to fit a larger battery.