Manufactured in France by Scopema, the RIB swivel plate for campervans gets lots of praise on the various forums. In our own experience, we have found these seat swivels to be very robust and rattle-free.
To rotate the seat, the engine must be turned off, vehicle put in gear and the handbrake released temporarily. Once the seat is facing the rear re-engage handbrake. For seats fitted with up/down height adjustment, you will find that you probably need to pump up the seat height to allow the seat to rotate without the grey plastic trim around the base catching on anything. If you have a plastic handbrake cover then you may have to remove it and replace with our fabric slip-on cover.
- Swivel plate fits between the base and seat slider rails on normal seats
- Automatically locks in place facing forward for driving
- Pivot point is centrally located in the base
- European TUV safety approval
- Compatible with the VW Caravelle
- Seat height increase: Approx 23mm
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
- Swivel plate
- Bolts to fit standard seat boxes
These passenger swivels are not supplied with raising shims. Drivers swivels for this van model do incorporate raising shims in order to lift the seat high enough to rotate over the handbrake, but this is unnecessary on the passengers side. However, if you intend to fit a leisure battery under the passenger seat you may find that a set of raising shims will allow you to fit a larger battery. For this reason we stock the raising shims as an add-on item.