Not sure about a front opening fridge? Maybe the Dometic CB40 top loading fridge will suit your campervan set up better.
The Dometic CoolMatic CB 40W is the go to fridge for tight spaces. With low energy consumption and a detachable cooling unit, there are plenty of features to be enjoyed on this 40 l fridge. A handy 1.5 m lead gives flexibility of position and its temperature range of +10 °C to –12 °C allows varied use.
To turn the fridge on, simply twist the thermostat knob to the right. The unit will take about 60 seconds to start the compressor.
Notes on fitting
- Must be fitted in a location where heated air from the unit can dissipate easily. Failing to do this will result in excess battery use.
- Powered by a 12volt leisure battery but to avoid a drop in performance the cable should be kept as short as possible, a graph showing the appropriate cable diameter for the length of cable run is included in the installation guide.
- The lid rests on top of the unit and is not attached - normally the worktop is fixed to the lid and hinged from the back of the cabinet.
- 40 litre
- Space saving, compact design is ideal for small spaces
- Superb cooling performance. Range: +10 °C to –12 °C
- A handy basket to hold the contents of your fridge
- Thermostat is continuously variable allowing you to choose your temperature with a twist of the knob.
- Detachable cooling unit with 1.5 m supply cable for convenient positioning
- 12 or 24 V
- Utilise as a freezer or fridge (adjustable thermostat)
- Suitable for solar power
- Can be run off mains with the addition of the EPS-100W unit or MPS-35
- Undervoltage protection will switch the fridge off if the battery is discharged too much (10.4 volts), when the battery is recharged it will switch back on
- 2 years warranty
- Capacity: 40 litres
- Power consumption: 45 Watts
- Interior light: No
- Certificates: CB, CE
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 660 cm inc compressor
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 455 cm excluding compressor
- Input voltage (DC): 12/24 V
- Rated input power (DC): 45 W
- Climate class (EN62552): N
- Weight: 17Kg
Still can't decide?
Not sure if a top loading fridge is for you? Have a quick read through our pros and cons to help you decide...
- It will fit in the side cabinet of a T5 alongside your bench seat - a part of the campervan furniture which is often difficult to make use of. Typically this area does not have front access and is, therefore, a bit under utilised. By fitting the fridge here you free up a decent bit of space for a front opening cupboard.
- It seems to hold more than front opening fridges. Sure, front opening fridges have bottle holders, shelves and freezer sections - but these often seem on the smaller side. I often find myself squashing stuff into every little corner of front-loading fridges, whereas with this top loader it all just fits nice and easy. Ok so you won't have a milk bottle holder or a special space for eggs in the door of the fridge - but you can carry giant orange juice cartons, lots of wine bottles etc!
- One of the most obvious downsides is having to clear the worktop every time you want something out of the fridge.
- Another potential downside to many is the lack of a freezer compartment. Unlike the CRX50, you can't keep your frozen goods separate with this fridge. However, there is a way around this. You will be able to see which side of the fridge houses the chiller plates when you unpack your fridge. By simply dropping the temperature a little on the thermostat knob and placing your ice-cream over the top of the chiller plates you will find that things stay very well frozen.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.