Introducing the DC-50 fridge - a more affordable option to the CRX fridges from Dometic!
This fridge takes up the same space as the default CRX50 used in many small campervan conversions but is a lot cheaper. The freezer compartment is a simple metal chiller plate with single skinned plastic flap on the front - basically, the design that Dometic used up until a couple of years ago when they switched to double skinned molded plastic freezer compartments. That's about the only thing which is less-good than the CR50 in our opinion.
The compressor, thermostat, and control systems are almost identical and just as efficient as their big-price cousins. By removing the vegetable tray and egg holder this fridge seems to have more usable storage space - its simple interior design just works for us.
Insulation wise we can't see any difference to the CR50, while the bright metal door is a clean modern design that will fit in any campervan.
- A more affordable option to the Dometic CRX fridges
- Uses same space as the default CRX50 used in many small campervan conversions
- The freezer compartment is a simple metal chiller plate with single skinned plastic flap on the front
- Compressor, thermostat, and control systems are almost identical to CRX50
- Same efficiency as bigger brands
- Simple interior design
- Opening: Right-hand door hinge (note: this can't be changed)
- Material: Solid metal with rear mounted compressor
- Digital read out display (can be switched off to save energy)
- Capacity 50 litres (44L fridge & 6L Freezer)
- Operating Temperature Fridge: 0°C – 10°C
- Operating Temperature Freezer: -12°C
- Coolant: R134a, totally CFC free
- Isolation: C-pentane, totally CFC free
- Input power: 45w
- Power Supply: DC12v/24v (automatic changeover)
- Appliance weight: 16Kg
- Cabinet size: 390mmW x 510mmH x 510mmD
- 1 year warranty included, naturally.