The Climat NT Thermo screens are made from a 3 layer construction with a PVC layer, then a thick foam insulating layer and then PVC. Due to its shape and extra thickness, the Thermo sits really well within the van windows without much help from the suction cups.
Climat NT Thermo internal silver screens are designed to be fixed to the inside of your camper van windows to help retain heat in cold weather or reflect sunlight away from your van in hot weather. In our experience of using, building and hiring out campervans these are the bees knees. No curtains to flap around your ears while you drive, made from 100% blackout material and very good insulation at night when you really need it.
The outside edges are finished in a black edging and the sucker eyelets are reinforced for durability. The screens are held in place by plastic window suckers and can be put up and taken down in a few minutes. Note - for front window screens you need to fold down the sun visors to help keep the top of the screens neatly in place and reduce light coming in around the edges. These screens also include a bag for easy storage.
Note: The suckers are made of a soft plastic and will stay put all night as long as the glass is clean and free from imperfections. They do not stick very well if the glass is dirty or if they contact heating elements.
What is the difference between Climat NT Vs. Climat NT Thermo?
We offer both the Climat NT and Climat NT Thermo silver screens. Both are for internal fitting, so what is the difference between them? Well, it's all about the construction.
Climat NT Thermo: The Thermo screens are made from a 3 layer construction with a PVC layer, then a thick foam insulating layer and then PVC. Due to its shape and extra thickness, the Thermo sits really well within the van windows without much help from the suction cups.
Climat NT: The NT screens have a 4 layer system. This extra insulating layer is made from an air bubble construction, which we have found to be more effective than the old system of 6/7 layers without an air bubble insulation. The NT screens are also slightly lighter in weight and more compact than the Thermo.
- T5 cab screens & T6 cab screens are not interchangeable as the rear view mirror slots are different, so please ensure you choose the correct model.
- Screens are all vehicle (and window) specific so will only fit the model listed
- Windscreen covers have a slot for the rear view mirror (If you don't have a mirror don't panic - the slot closes up nicely to keep the light out)
- Our screens are specifically designed for panel van conversions
- Some factory models (Eg. the Caravelle) have plastic mouldings around the windows, which will result in a poorer fit.