Replacement locking bolt assembly for double swivel system
If your swivel was damaged in transit we will happily send you a replacement knob assembly free of charge, please just call us.
Please note: We will only dispatch these free of charge within 14 days of sending out your swivel. If you need one later than that please just buy on-line as normal. This replacement bolt does not include the nut and washer as these can be re-used from your existing one.
This is not a difficult job but if you don’t have access to reasonably good tools and some threadlock we recommend that you ask a mechanic to do it!
- Slacken the screw about one turn from the ‘locked down’ position.
- Use a spanner to grip the nut or wedge something between it and the guide to prevent it rotating.
- Use a vise-grip to catch the bolt below the knob and unscrew it from the nut. It is secured with threadlock but should not be difficult to unscrew.
- Be careful not to lose either the waved washer above the nut or the flat washer below it.
- Reassemble using the new screw.
- When all the components are in place, position the nut about 3 turns down from the shoulder on the bolt and apply threadlock to the bolt threads above the nut.
- Then tighten the nut up against the shoulder of the bolt. Allow some time for the threadlock to set.