Ford Tourneo Custom Curtain Kit (Black-Out)
The Tourneo is the version of the new Transit van with plastic lining panels around the windows. Basically this means that the window void is a bit smaller and we have to therefore make the curtain rails a bit shorter than is the case in a standard panel van version of the vehicle.
These are very high quality curtains manufactured to our specification to ensure a wonderful finish in your campervan. The fabric is stretchy with a fairly dense weave, giving very good light blocking and excellent thermal properties. The stretch feature allows up to 20% extra height. Our manufacturer also supplies curtains to Mercedes incorporating this fabric and design.
Each curtain kit arrives individually bagged and contains 2 pre-drilled rails ready for mounting. The rails are pre-shaped for each specific window, and come labelled top and bottom (T & B) for ease of use. With our Kiravans rail system, you benefit from a robust, aluminium channel with an attractive bevelled edge.
Each curtain kit includes:
- 1 x pair of curtains for the specified campervan window location
- 2 x tie backs
- 2 x pre-bent, colour matched rails (one top & one bottom)
- End stops - Contoured and colour matched for each rail
- Self tapping fixing screws - Low profile & sit below the level of the gliders in the rail so no risk of snagging
- Strong gliders - These come pre-threaded on the curtains to save you time but are easily replaceable if needed
- Rear door / barn door kits include 2 x curtains & 4 x rails, i.e. a pair of rails and a curtain for each window.
About our Black out curtains:
- Rails are grey
- Black out curtains are double layers of fabric. One side of the curtains is grey, the other is black.
- The blackout campervan curtains can be fitted either way around so you have either black or grey on the inside of your campervan.
- The double lining ensures exceptional thermal insulation and a darker window covering (total black out cannot be achieved with a stretch fabric though - strong sunlight is still visible).
Barn door Curtains: Price quoted is for curtains for both windows. I.e 4 x rails & 2 x curtains. Due to shape of a transit custom rear barn doors the bottom rail is straight rather than curved as illustrated in the photos. If it was bent then the curtains could not close the gaps that would appear at the edges. So the idea is that the rails screw on to the flat surfaces below the window void.
Right Centre & Left Centre curtains - These are NOT suitable for vans with a sliding door on the right. Why? Because the design is different. The sliding doors have smaller window apertures so the rails have to be cut and bent differently meaning they are not interchangeable.
Fitting Guide: See PDF fitting instructions under ‘downloads’. Fitting Time: 20 - 30 minutes.