The downside of this approach is that you will need to use the (included) handbrake adapter. The adapter bracket will reduce the height and adjust the angle of the brake handle so that the seat is able to rotate. It is also worth noting that the plastic cover on your handbrake will not fit back in place once you have lowered the handbrake.
One final point to note about these swivels is that their rotation point is offset from the centre by 20mm. When you are facing the rear of your van your seat will have moved 2cm away from the side doors, giving you a little more elbow room. But this does make the swivel incompatible for use alongside a double passenger seat.
- The height of the seat does not change.
- Swivel automatically locks in place facing forward for driving.
- The seat can be rotated when the door is closed without colliding with the handbrake.
- Pivot point is 20mm offset towards the walkthrough
- Compatible with the VW Caravelle
- European TUV safety approval
- VW Transporter T5 & T6
- VW Caravelle
- Can also be used as a LHD Driver swivel
- Designed to fit original VW seats
- Safety: European TUV safety approval
- Weight: Approx 17kg
- W 430 x D 430 x H 210 mm
- ECE-N1 approval
- Swivel with seat base
- Handbrake adapter