A recent addition to our range of double seat swivels is this model for the Ford Transit 3rd generation 2006-2013 (pre the 2014 ‘Custom’ release) with original double seats. Hopefully our Ford Transit double seat swivel will help owners get even more use out of their vans.
The swivel mechanism is very different to normal single swivels. It uses a cunning slide and swivel approach so you will need to open the side door to allow the full range of movement. The seat is held securely in position while driving by 4 x specially engineered locking bolts.
Kiravans Transit design swivel meets the safety requirements of the latest EU Regulations. It has passed seat belt anchorage safety tests conducted by STATUS (The Specialist Testing Facility at Manchester Met Uni) using a pull test on a specialist test rig to EC Directive 76/115/EEC as amended by 2005/41/EEC.
Notes on fitting:
In some variants, you will find that under the rear off-side swivel floor fixing point, runs a 1cm high & wide ridge in the transit floor pressing which needs to panel beaten down so that the swivel sits flush to the floor. You could, of course, use washers to raise the floor to match this raised ridge but beating it down works best as it keep the overall seat height as low as possible.
- Self-levelling design to counteract sloping cab floor, making rotated seat actually comfortable to sit on!
- High density, low friction 'glide layer' for ease of rotation
- External locking screws
- 3rd Gen (2006-2013) Ford Transit - pre the 2014 ‘Custom’ release.
- Designed for original seats
- Compatible with the RIB single central driver's seat swivel
- Not compatible with heated seats or built-in passenger airbags (due to cable connections)
- All nuts and bolts supplied
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.