This item is rated at 140Amp, which is ideal for campervan conversions.
It's a clever little bit of kit which makes charging your Leisure Battery really easy. The unit senses the voltage of both batteries that it is connected between. If either battery is receiving a charge, the VSR will activate paralleling the two battery banks.
The VSR is compatible with situations where a battery charger or second charging source is attached to the leisure battery. They are so reliable many are fitted to blue light emergency vehicles.
When the engine is started and the van battery reaches 13.7 volts, the VSR engages, allowing both batteries (van and leisure) to be charged simultaneously. When the voltage drops below 12.8 volts (eg the engine is stopped), the VSR disengages, separating the batteries. This system eliminates the possibility of draining the starter battery and protects sensitive electronic equipment powered from the house battery from harmful engine start up spikes.
This is not compatible with VW T6 vans.
Advantages of fitting a VSR over conventional charge (diode isolators):
- Easy 3 wire connection at the battery
- No need to bypass existing alternator wiring
- VSRs have no volt drop. Conventional diode isolators incur a minimum of 0.6 volt drop
- Compact size - No large heat sink
- Cost effective solution
- Dimensions: 69L x 69W x 50H mm (2.7L x 2.7W x 2H inches)
- LED lights to show when connection is made
- Simply attach your car and leisure battery positive terminals to the two lugs, and connect the small black wire to a ground source and that's it.