The Waeco Compressor fridge CRX50 is a built in refrigerator with a much lower energy consumption than previous models - so low that it can feasibly be run off solar panels. It also has the added benefit of a removable freezer compartment, unlike the previous older models. With this flexible use of cooling space it can be used either as a fridge or a freezer or a combination of the two.
This 2 Way Compressor Fridge has an ample 48L refrigerator capacity which can also maintain between 5 - 7 degrees even under the pressure of more tropical temperatures (and if you're lucky enough to get these!)
- 48L capacity
- New soft touch control panel
- Intelligent electronic control of the compressor speed - up to 25% less energy consumption
- 5 different temperature settings
- Removeable freezer compartment
- 2 stage battery protection
- There is a cut out at the back of the fridge to give a better fit in your campervan
- Bright led interior light with sensor
- Bottle holder, door tray and salad box
- Door latch with lock / venting position to allow air flow while not in use, or to lock when van is in motion.
- Hinging on both sides, you can switch it over easily
- 12 Volt
- Average power consumption: approx. 40 watts
- Material: stainless steel fittings, plastic interior, plastic door frame, body with coated metal frame
- Weight: 17 kg
- 2 years warranty
- Can be run off mains with the addition of the MPS35 Mains power unit (sold separately). The MPS is a smart switching control unit, 'fit and forget.' It automatically detects mains and rests the vehicle leisure battery when on 'hook up,' or 'shorepower'.
Q: How long will this fridge work on my leisure battery?
A: There are lots of variables at play here. But essentially we find that a compressor fridge will happily operate for 2-3 days off a 110 Amp Leisure Battery. That will obviously depend on the ambient temperature, the charge state of your battery & the starting temperature of what you put in your fridge.
Q: How can I make the fridge operate for longer?
A: To maximise the timespan always put cold or frozen items in your fridge when you start off and don't run the fridge too cold. When installing the fridge ensure that there is sufficient ventilation around your compressor unit to dissipate the heat generated. After adding a 100 Watt solar panel and regulator to our test van we found that the fridge could run for over a week no problem, but again there are lots of variables at play here.
- Overall Size: Height 534mm Width 380mm Depth 500mm.
- Recess Without Frame: Height 534mm Width 380mm Depth 447mm.