Dometic CB40 Compressor Fridge - A top loading fridge by Dometic
This is my favourite campervan fridge. Having tried both front loading and top loading fridges in various vans over the years, I have come to the conclusion that this suits me the best . . . Why? . . .Two reasons:
1.) It will fit in the side cabinet of a T5 alongside your bench seat - a part of the campervan furniture which is often difficult to make use of. Typically this area does not have front access and is, therefore, a bit underutilised. By fitting the fridge here you free up a decent bit of space for a front opening cupboard.
2.) It seems to hold more than front opening fridges. Sure, front opening fridges have bottle holders, shelves and freezer sections - but these are all tiny and far too small for the things I like to carry on a camping trip. I often find myself squashing stuff into every little corner of front loading fridges, whereas with this top loader it all just fits nice and easy. Ok so you won't have a milk bottle holder or a special space for eggs in the door of the fridge - but you can carry giant orange juice cartons, lots of wine bottles etc!
The big potential downside to many is the lack of a freezer compartment - but there is a way around this. You will be able to see which side of the fridge houses the chiller plates when you unpack your fridge. By simply dropping the temperature a little on the thermostat knob and placing your ice-cream over the top of the chiller plates you will find that things stay very well frozen.
- Operates off 12 volts
- Can be run off mains with the addition of the EPS-100W unit or MPS-35
- Thermostat is continuously variable allowing you to choose your temperature with a twist of the knob.
- Undervoltage protection will switch the fridge off if the battery is discharged too much (10.4 volts), when the battery is recharged it will switch back on again.
- Cooling unit can be removed and mounted separately.
- Utilise as a freezer or fridge (adjustable thermostat).
- 2 years warranty.
- Twist the thermostat knob to the right to turn the fridge on
- The unit will take about 60 seconds to start the compressor
- Must be fitted in a location where heated air from the unit can dissipate easily - failing to do this will result in excess battery use.
- Powered by a 12volt leisure battery but to avoid a drop in performance the cable should be kept as short as possible, a graph showing the appropriate cable diameter for the length of cable run is included in the installation guide.
- The lid rests on top of the unit and is not attached - normally the worktop is fixed to the lid and hinged from the back of the cabinet.
- Capacity: 40 litres
- Power consumption: 45 Watts
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 660 cm inc compressor
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 455 cm excluding compressor
- Weight: 19Kg
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
Dometic CB40 top loading Compressor Fridge
|Safety Standard: Not Applicable|
|Compatibility: Not Applicable|
|Kit Includes: Instructions|
External dims: 340 x 500 x 660 cm including compressor
|Compatible With: All campervan conversions|
|Shipping Note: Delivery by Parcel Force|