Kiravans Vibration Damping material
1 sheet: 46x40cm
This is Kiravans version of the very popular vibration damping / soundproofing products offered by other brands (including Dynamat / Silent Coat & Noisekiller).
- A foil inner surface (silver & unbranded in our case),
- Butyl rubber high-density material to absorb vibrations
- Peel off paper backing (just peel off and stick to the van surface)
- Sheets are sized 46 x 40 cm (easy to cut with a Stanley knife to fit wherever you need it) - 2 sheets will be sufficient for each panel on your van.
How much do you need?
- A Kiravans DoorStore has space for 2 sheets behind it.
- Other van panels (eg. below a window) will need 2 sheets each.
- Rear doors: 2 sheet will be sufficient for a pair of Barn Doors with windows.
- Wheel arches: 2 sheet per wheel arch.
- Roof: 8 sheets will be enough to effectively reduce vibration all over your roof.
Do I need to cover the entire surface?
In an ideal world, yes. But the usual rule of diminishing returns applies - you will get almost all the benefit by applying the Vibration Damper to the majority of the panel, roughly 75% coverage gives you just about the maximum effect.
To apply the vibration damping material simply ensure your surface is clean and dry, cut to fit, peel off the backing and stick in place.
Is this identical to the other vibration damping material on the market?
We believe it is exactly identical, or perhaps a little better, but we haven't spent any money on branding it up or using fancy packaging. Ours will simply be delivered with the usual speed and quality of service you'd expect from Kiravans, but in a plain brown cardboard box. Sorry its not a bit fancier looking!! Actually, we have deliberately not added our own branding as we know that many conversion firms simply don't like having other folks brands all over their campervan builds.
|Kiravans Vibration damping||2.0mm thick. a sample piece 18cm x 27cm weighs 20grams|
|Silent Coat||2.0mm thick. the same sized piece 18cm x 27cm weighs 17 grams|
|Dynamat||Not available just now to compare, will add the details in a few days time|
Will it fit behind my door store?
This stuff is very easy to apply and does not obstruct your Door Store. It genuinely makes a difference to the road noise in your campervan by reducing road noise and vibration of large metal panels such as your sliding door
Two sheets is sufficient to line the large panels of your Sliding door behind Kiravans DoorStore. It is not a complete covering (that would require two & half sheets) but you will get the majority of the benefit from two sheets as that alone will significantly impact the road noise and vibration.
Tips for fitting behind your door store:
- Apply to top voids first, then use any left-over in bottom void.
- Cut and apply such that it only sticks to the flat outer wall of the van door.
- Do not apply to the brackets, or any raised pieces of metal as this will prevent the Door Store fitting properly.
- Ensure that the cable in the top void is not trapped under the Dynamat, leave it free to move.
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
Vibration damping / Soundproofing Single Sheets (46 x 40cm) Ideal for Behind Door Store & on all van metal surfaces
|Safety Standard: Not Applicable|
|Compatibility: Not Applicable|
|Kit Includes: Not Applicable|
1 sheet: 46cm x 40cm
|Compatible With: All campervan conversions|
|Shipping Note: No|