Kiravans Thermal Silver Screens - VW T6 Cab set
Not suitable for VW T5 vans due to a difference in rear view mirrors sizing
In our experience of using, building and hiring out campervans these are the bees knees. No curtains to flap around your ears while you drive, yet you get almost total blackout of outside lights and very good insulation at night when you really need it. Thermal silver screens are designed to be fixed to the inside of your camper van windows to help retain heat in cold weather or reflect sunlight away from your van in hot weather.
The outside edges are finished in a matching grey tape and the sucker eyelets are reinforced for durability. The screens are held in place by plastic window suckers and can be put up and taken down in a few minutes. They include a storage bag and can be rolled or folded away for easy storage.
CONSTRUCTION & QUALITY
Our screens are made by a French manufacturer specialising in this product. Each screen is made up of nine separate layers for maximum insulaton:
- 1 tightly woven, moisture resistant, grey inner face
- 6 alternating layers of insulation and metallic foil
- 1 layer of polyester fibre
- 1 waterproof, reflective foil outer face
The outside edges are finished in a matching grey tape and the sucker eyelets are reinforced for durability. The grey plastic suckers are packed separately and need to be attached using the key rings supplied.
- These screens are all vehicle (and window) specific so will only fit the model they are described for.
- Windscreen covers will have a slot for the rear view mirror.
- Our screens are specifically designed for panel van conversions. Some factory models like the Caravelle have plastic mouldings around the windows, which will result in a poorer fit.
- Sucker Grip: the suckers supplied with these screens are made of a soft palstic and will stay put all night as long as the glass is clean and free from imperfections. They do not stick so well if they contact heating elements. A few after-market windscreens also cause problems due to a wider band of raised black dots printed around the rear-view mirror.
Q. Does the windscreen one have a slot for rear view mirrors?
A. Yes. and suckers either side so they dont flop down at night. If you dont have a rear view mirror dont panic - the slot closes up nicely to keep the light out.
Q. Do they come with the suckers and pull rings already fitted or am I supposed to fit these myself once they arrive?
A. Sorry, you need to fit these yourself, it's a little fiddly but it saves a lot of money doing it this way.
Q. How many layers on insulation are there and what colour are they on the inside face.
A. 9 layers in total, light grey inner face. 3 layers of 1.5mm foamy fabric, 3 layers of metallic film, 1 layer of polyester fibre & 1 outer layer of strong metallic silver fabric.
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
VW T6 silver cab screens
|Colour: Grey on one side / Silver the other|
|Compatibility: Not suitable for VW T5|
|Kit Includes: Fixings|
|Compatible With: VW Transporter T6|