Dometic CB40 Compressor Fridge - A top loading fridge by Dometic
Not sure about a front opening fridge? Maybe the CB40 top loading fridge will suit your campervan set up better. Have a quick read through our pros and cons to help you decide...!
1.) It will fit in the side cabinet of a T5 alongside your bench seat - a part of the campervan furniture which is often difficult to make use of. Typically this area does not have front access and is, therefore, a bit underutilised. By fitting the fridge here you free up a decent bit of space for a front opening cupboard.
2.) It seems to hold more than front opening fridges. Sure, front opening fridges have bottle holders, shelves and freezer sections - but these often seem on the smaller side. I often find myself squashing stuff into every little corner of front-loading fridges, whereas with this top loader it all just fits nice and easy. Ok so you won't have a milk bottle holder or a special space for eggs in the door of the fridge - but you can carry giant orange juice cartons, lots of wine bottles etc!
1.) One of the most obvious downsides is having to clear the worktop every time you want something out of the fridge...
2.) Another potential downside to many is the lack of a freezer compartment. Unlike the CRX50, you can't keep your frozen goods separate with this fridge. However, there is a way around this. You will be able to see which side of the fridge houses the chiller plates when you unpack your fridge. By simply dropping the temperature a little on the thermostat knob and placing your ice-cream over the top of the chiller plates you will find that things stay very well frozen.
- Operates off 12 volts
- Can be run off mains with the addition of the EPS-100W unit or MPS-35
- Thermostat is continuously variable allowing you to choose your temperature with a twist of the knob.
- Undervoltage protection will switch the fridge off if the battery is discharged too much (10.4 volts), when the battery is recharged it will switch back on again.
- Cooling unit can be removed and mounted separately.
- Utilise as a freezer or fridge (adjustable thermostat).
- 2 years warranty.
- Twist the thermostat knob to the right to turn the fridge on
- The unit will take about 60 seconds to start the compressor
- Must be fitted in a location where heated air from the unit can dissipate easily - failing to do this will result in excess battery use.
- Powered by a 12volt leisure battery but to avoid a drop in performance the cable should be kept as short as possible, a graph showing the appropriate cable diameter for the length of cable run is included in the installation guide.
- The lid rests on top of the unit and is not attached - normally the worktop is fixed to the lid and hinged from the back of the cabinet.
- Capacity: 40 litres
- Power consumption: 45 Watts
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 660 cm inc compressor
- External dims: 340 x 500 x 455 cm excluding compressor
- Weight: 19Kg
Delivery EuropeEuropean delivery by GLS or DPD depending on size and weight. Delivery in 5-7 days. Cost will be calculated at checkout
Delivery UKUK mainland delivery is sent by standard courier (3-4 days) or express service (1-2 days). Delivery times may be longer for Northern Ireland, Highland & Islands, and rural postcodes. Note: Express 24 is not a guaranteed service. Free for orders over £69
Delivery InternationalInternational delivery not available.
Dometic CB40 top loading Compressor Fridge
|Safety Standard: Not Applicable|
|Compatibility: Not Applicable|
|Kit Includes: Instructions|
External dims: 340 x 500 x 660 cm including compressor
|Compatible With: All campervan conversions|
|Shipping Note: Delivery by Parcel Force|